Monday, April 20, 2009

Talk with the Bishop


So last wednesday was mutual. Ok so I went right... well I had no idea what was going to happen that night. I thought it was just going to be a regular night at church. Everything was normal clear up to the end of seminary. (by the way, i love seminary!) When I walked out of the class room the bishop was standing there waiting. I didnt think anything of it until he stuck his hand out for a hand shake. I wasnt really expecting it so I kinda walked right by him. Then I relized what he wanted and shook his hand. haha... for anyone that knows me, I would be the only one that would do that. So anyway... he asked me if my dad was here and I said yes, he is out in the truck. So we walked out to the truck, but as we were walking out he stopped me. You know that room right before you go outside, its not all the was outside but its after you leave the church. He stopped me there and said "I just need to have your fathers blessing on this. We actually wanted to know about a calling in the church." I was like Are you kidding me?! I didnt actually say that but I sure thought that. I still had my seminary things so I walked over to the truck to set them down while dad and the bishop had a little chat. I was kinda getting nervous... I was just standing there and they both kept looking at me. I walked out and was kinda dismissed. They both pretty much said go back into the church. Half- way through mutual the bishop came and got me. We walked back to his office and sat down. After the prayer and small talk he came out and said, "the bishop brick and I feel that it is important for you to serve as a miamaid president." I just kinda sat there. I was not expecting that at all. I had no idea what to say so I didnt say anything. I just shook my head yes. Haha... thats me for ya. So yesterday I put in as the miamaid president.


1 comment:

Sommers said...

Hannah,

I am so exited for you!! You are such a GREAT example to the girls your age!! You are going to be GREAT!!! Enjoy your time in the presidency it will go fast. You will be planing lots of fun activities for the girls!!

Whaoooo