Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mom

I have so many thoughts in my head right now. For those of you who don't know... im sure that most of you do, but my mom has recently passed away. It is very sad. She passed on July 17, 2009. She had had surgery that night before for a pain in her stomach and was doing fine when she came home. She was happy and doing well. She went to bed that night and then got up at about 1to take something to help her sleep and when my grandmother went in to check on her in the morning she couldnt wake her up. We are not sure what happened but we hope that she just went to sleep in a situation like this. I love my mom with all my heart. For anyone that knew us we did not get along. We were not the ideal "mother daughter" relationship by any means. But we loved each other. This is a hard thing to go through and no one can imagine unless they themselves have gone through it. sorry... but you cant. you can sympathize. I am going to miss her terribly. I think that in a situation like this you cant help but think what could I have done better? What did I do to deserve this? What is my future going to be like with out her? I know that I have my friends and family and the lord to help me through this. I am so thankful you guys. Thanks for all of you nice comments and thoughts.

I LOVE YOU MOM! I MISS YOU!

GINGER MARIE THOMAS HAYES
1966-2009


Ginger Marie Thomas Hayes, 43, passed away on July 17, 2009, at her parent’s home of natural causes. She was the second child of Dr. J. Tim Thomas and JoAnn Mullinix Thomas. She was born in Omaha, Nebraska, on May 28, 1966. Ginger moved with her family from Omaha, to Ann Arbor, Pensacola, Fresno and Stockton California. When she was 7 years, her father passed away. After 7 years, her mother remarried to Robert L. Anstead and the family moved to Stockton. Ginger served an honorable LDS mission to Seattle, Washington. She also attended Ricks College where she met the love of her life. She was married and sealed to Matthew William Hayes, in the Oakland Temple on March 27, 1992.

Ginger graduated from the University of the Pacific, in Stockton, with her Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. She was an elementary school teacher for 5 years in Stockton. She and Matthew have 2 beautiful daughters: Hanna Sue Hayes, 15, and Sara Hope Hayes, 12. Ginger moved to Boise 4 years ago.

Ginger had a strong testimony of her Savior and was always active in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She served in numerous church callings and attended the temple often. She was a gourmet cook and had a talent for decorating for social events.
Ginger had a bubbly personality and a witty sense of humor which will be sorely missed.
She was very aware of others needs and always wanted to help in any way she could.

Ginger is survived by her 2 daughters, Hanna and Sara; her mother and father, JoAnn and Bob Anstead; 4 brothers, Joseph Timothy Thomas (JanaLee), Clay Anstead (Tammy), Scott Anstead (Shannon) and Stewart Anstead (Kelly); and 3 sisters, Piper Ann Green Mowrey (Bob), Amber Dawn Welton (Ralph) and Lyndi Anstead Dani (Aaron). She is also survived by her ex-husband Matthew Hayes. She has many nieces and nephews whom she adored.
Services will be held in the LDS chapel located at 3555 South Cole Road. Viewing will be held at 10:00 a.m., the funeral will be 11:00 a.m and internment will follow at Cloverdale Cemetery where she will be laid to rest alongside her father and grandparents.

4 comments:

Sommers said...

I am so sorry and I have been thinking and praying for you and your family. How is your sister? You are such a strong person and God will help you through this. hind site is always 20/20, but you are a good child. Think of all the wornderful times you did have!!!

Miss you!

Sandy said...

I also have been thinking about you and Libby! Our family has been keeping all of your family in our prayers. You will get through this...you may or may not find the answers to your questions but you will continue on with your life. There will be times when you will wish she was here with you. There is no doubt in my mind that she loves you and will be with you for the rest of your life. (Libby 2) I have had so many experiences knowing that my mom and father in law have been around my family eventhough they have passed on. Hope that makes sense? I love you Hanna. Remember the good times because you had them and forget the rest...

Ashley said...

You and Sara are in our prayers. We were so sad to hear of your loss. Wish we could be there to support you and the family.
I sang at your mom's wedding when I was 8 years old. I thought she was a princess, and she was.
We love you!

Sandy said...

Ok...I am a dork. LOL. Atleast your smiling. What was I thinking....I know your sister is Sara and not Libby. Oh well. sorry about that. See you tomorrow or Monday. Still praying for ya Hanna!